The Boylan-Pearce Company first opened its doors in 1911. It is being restored to its Edwardian splendor by Boylan Pearce Building LLC, which is managed by Dean Debnam. The first step will be to restore the building to what it looked like in 1911, when the Boylan-Pearce Co. opened its 26,000-square-foot store on Fayetteville Street. That includes rebuilding a grand stairway and a heavy front awning that disappeared during successive renovations of the building. The awning will be held up by bronze lion heads designed by Ed Walker and cast by Carolina Bronze sculpture in Seagrove, NC.